Ingredients (4 servings):
500 grams wheat flour
500 grams pitted dates
125 grams fine sugar
125 grams walnuts
one spoon cinnamon
1/2 spoon cardamom
300 grams cooking oil
one spoon ground pistachio
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Pour in wheat flour and turn down the heat. Stir frequently until flour turns golden. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add fine sugar, cinnamon and cardamom to flour and mix well.
- Pour half of the flour-mix in a flat dish and use the back of a spoon to flatten the surface.
- Insert a piece of walnut inside each date and place the dates on the flour-mix. Cover the dates with the rest of the flour-mix and again flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle ground pistachios on top. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces. Done!