• 3 medium ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 eggs
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes (if you use Persian crushed tomatoes,
• salt & black pepper to taste
• finely chopped fresh coriander for garnish, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, sauté until tender and slightly golden. Add garlic and sauté for two more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper; cook until tender and almost all the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Crack the eggs over the tomato mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan and cook until the eggs are set. Sprinkle chopped coriander and cook uncovered for two more minutes. Serve immediately with bread.