Dolmeh-yeh BaadenjaanÂ are eggplants filled with ground meat, rice and herbs.
This Dolmeh-yeh Baadenjaan recipe will make 4 portions
You will need:
* 8 small eggplants
* 400 grams ground meat lamb or beef
* 100 grams of basmati rice
* 2 medium onions, finely chopped
* 2-3 teaspoons of tomato paste
* 3-4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
* sugar, 2-3 teaspoons
* 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
* 1/3 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
* 1/3 cup tarragon, finely chopped
* black pepper, salt
* 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
* 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
Fry the chopped onions in oil over medium heat until caramelized (brown). Add ground meat and fry until meat changes to brown. Add 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Mix and cook until it thickens.
Fry the vegetables in oil over medium heat until wilted. Boil two cups of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and rice and cook until rice softens. Drain the water and let cool.
Peel eggplants and cut a circle at the tops, then remove insides without creating any holes at the sides or the end. Sprinkle some salt inside the eggplants. Mix prepared meat, vegetables and rice well. Fill the eggplants with the mix and close the tops.
Fry eggplants for 5-10 minutes over medium heat, then place in a pot side by side (do not stack them). Dissolve one teaspoon of tomato paste in a glass of hot water and add to eggplants. Add salt, black pepper, lime juice and sugar and simmer for 5-10 minutes until thick.