Ingredients: ( Yields 4 servings)
* 200 grams of long grain rice.
* 1 Kg of herbs (parsley, mint, coriander, spring-onion ends),
* 500 grams of ground lamb or beef
* 3 spoonfuls of split peas
* 4 teaspoons of lime juice
* 2 teaspoons of sugar
* 2 spoons of marjoram
* one spoonful mint
* 4 onions
* cooking oil
* black pepper
Peel and slice two onions and fry in oil until slightly golden. Add 4-5 glasses of hot water, split-peas, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. Wash rice and add to the aash. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Peel and chop two onions. Add to meat with salt and pepper and mix. Shape into small balls and add to the aash. Chop the herbs finely, add tehm to the aash, and cook for another 15-20 minutes. Add in lime juice, sugar, and marjoram, cook for a few more minutes.
Fry mint in oil for a few minutes. Add mint on top of the aash and serve.